Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Boy's Current Interests...

Cameron has a new obsession. Watching Animal Planet's Man vs. Wild. The host named Bear Grylls gets dropped off in remote areas (think the Rocky Mountains, Alaska, etc.) and he shows viewers how to survive using what is around them. Meaning... he goes into an abandoned railroad tunnel, reaches into a pipe in complete darkness and pulls out a huge frog, or maybe it was a toad? Anyway, think HUGE. He whacks it on the wall, knocking it out, and then proceeds to bite it's head off! This guy eats the most disgusting things. I'm sorry, but even if I was stranded and starving to death, I would cook the dang frog. If I couldn't get a fire started to cook it, well, then I guess I would just die instead. Eww. Yuck.

 As  you can imagine, Dillon loves this show too. He talks about it all the time. In Safeway he told the sweet, adorable, innocent little boy behind us in line all about the show where they guy bit the frog's head off. The look from his mom was to be expected I guess.

Cameron is also really into building Legos again. He got a ton of Lego sets for Christmas this year and he's built all but the 2 hardest ones. He has the top 3 shelves of the bookcase in his room completely filled with the things he's made, mainly without a kit, just from his imagination. I love seeing him come in and show me the new submarine he built and it's really cool to hear his way of thinking as he explains why he put the turbo engine where he put it and all the details.

Dillon has such a short attention span lately that he doesn't have one main interest. If I had to pick the one thing he is most interested in right now, it would be doing homework. This kid just loves to learn. He knows 99% of his letters, can write a few of them as well as his name, and knows a lot of the sounds they make. He can sit for 20-25 minutes and do homework, that's way longer than he spends doing anything else that requires being still.

His favorite show right now is America's Funnies Home Videos. He can record shows to the DVR so needless to say, we have a few recorded that he watches over and over again. And then he invites (no, demands) that Karl, Cameron, or I join him and "watch this part, it's really funny. Come on... Come ON NOW!" He has this really loud fake laugh for each of the clips he deems the funniest.

They may make me crazy when they're together, but individually, I think they're pretty amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment