Friday, January 15, 2010

We're Never Going to Stevens Creek Reservoir Again...

Seriously. Never. I've just rolled out of bed and I'm sitting at the table enjoying a delicious breakfast made by my wonderful husband and Jack walks over to Karl at the table. Karl pets him on his neck and says "Oh no, Jack has something on his neck." It was a tick! A tick I tell you! Holy Moly I freaked, those things creep me out like there is no tomorrow! After the whole family searched for tweezers for 10 minutes, Karl got down to business. The kids watched in facination (Cam even videotaped it!) as Karl pulled the tick out. I managed to stay perfectly calm ("Hey Honey, if I had a tick anywhere I would know already right?") while the tick came out and was disposed of. But then- 5 minutes later, ANOTHER ONE!!! He had another, bigger tick by his mouth. I think Karl saw the panic in my eyes. He brushed him head to toe and then bathed him in flea and tick shampoo.  I think we'll take walks a little closer to home from now on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment