Monday, January 11, 2010

Dillon's first day of Preschool!

Mom met up with Karl and  I at 9:00 this morning and we dropped Dillon off. It was nothing like past preschool experiences! This time he was ready! He took off his shoes, stowed them in the shoe caddy, and walked off into the play area. We took pictures and he pretty much went on his way playing and investigating all that was to be found. He could not have cared less if we were there or not. We kept saying "Bye Dillon" "We're leaving now" I guess we were waiting for him to change his mind and freak out, but he was happy to stay!

 I went off to my Grandma, Oma's house for our Monday get together with Auntie D. and my mom where we sat and talked for a lot longer than normal over vegetable sandwiches. Then, I got to sit down and go through the big bags of amazing yarn she had gotten from a friend's sister. It was so peaceful!! Karl got to stay home and watch Overhaulin'... until he went to go get Dillon at 11:30.  When I got home around noon, Dillon told me all about his friend:
 "Dillon, did you make a lot of friends today?"
"Yep."
 "How many?"
 "All of them."
 "Oh yea? What are their names?"
 "I dunno, what?"
 I'm not sure all that he did today, but I know when Karl picked him up he was 'being a lion' and roaring and chasing the kids around. I sure thought he had a great time and would be itchin' to go back, but when I asked him if he wanted to go back another day he said no. He said the teacher yelled at him because he was trying to take a truck up the mountain slide, and he cried. Don't know how much of that is true, but knowing Dillon, all the teacher would have to do is look at him and sternly tell him not to do something and he would burst into tears. Oh well. Once he says he wants to go back, I'll be happy to take him!

He literally skipped all the way to the door...

And then stopped to pose for a few seconds...

And then played "counting ladybugs" with teacher Marcella.

0 comments:

Post a Comment