Sunday, January 10, 2010

A whole lotta random bits...

 If you've got a short attention span, you're in luck! I have a few little things to blog about, but none on their own qualify for their own space!


First off,
My little boy wants to go to Preschool!!! If you remember, last year at Prospect High School, he attended school from Feb.-May 2 days a week and cried and cried EVERY morning at drop off. It sucked. Flash forward a year later, and he has been talking about it a bit. I decided instead of putting it out there like it was something he didn't have to be scared of, to just pretend last year didn't happen and only tell him about all the cool things he would enjoy. Every time we did a project at home, I told him he would do tons like it at preschool. Every time we were at the playground and there were no kids his age, I told him he would meet tons at preschool. You get the idea. Well, tonight I found out it must have worked!! He told me "When it's light out and not dark anymore, I'm going to preschool." Then he climbed up the cabinet in the utility room and got himself a snack and a bag, put the snack into the bag, and told me it was for school tomorrow. Whoa, he was seriously excited! Even though his regular preschool doesn't start until February, I thought about the drop in childcare place around the corner that offers a preschool program (It's actually where Cam went) called KidsPark. They have a M-F drop off program where he can go any day he/I want, preschool runs from 9-11 and you pay by the hour. He wanted to call one of his most favorite people, Grandma Marion, and ask her if she would come with us at drop off.  It's all he's talked about all night!! Wish me luck that he's as excited tomorrow and goes and has a great time!


Secondly,
My husband has decided to change things up a bit and gave himself a mohawk. Yes, you heard me right, and here's my proof! All I can say is that the kids and I are having a seriously hard time taking him seriously!



Third, today my niece Denali came over and played with the kids for a bit. They had so much time and they all got along really, really well! They jumped on the trampoline for (what felt like) hours, they ran around the backyard, played with trains, watched Tinkerbell, and basically ransacked Dillon's closet of it's guts. But they had a really good time!!


My husband also let me sleep in AGAIN today! And I got to wake up to breakfast AGAIN!!! I am seriously spoiled! This morning was hash browns, bacon, cinnamon rolls, coffee, and OJ. Yum Yum! Thank you Honey!!


Last but not least, I have a pretty adorable video to share. Dillon may be 3.5 but he is still a little naive... He still belives that Karl can not only put an object into his ear and take it back out again, but he also believes that any object that has gone missing can be found in there too.


GRRR I can't seem to upload the video, I'll try again in the morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment