Saturday, April 10, 2010

1 Month Later Garden Update!

Thanks to my hubby's mad skills with the table saw, this year's garden is off to a great start! We planted everything in the boxes on my mom's birthday weekend, so March 11th ish. It's almost a month later and we have the beginnings of onions, carrots, 2 kinds of cherry tomato, lettuce, radish, strawberries, soybeans, and PEAS! Can you tell which one I'm most excited about? :) The peas! Which is funny, because I do not like peas, Sam I Am....I do not like them here or there, I do not like them anywhere! The boys do though, and that's what I'm most looking forward to with this garden. Karl built an add on for the peas to grow up and it looks really nice!
Here's some new pics to enjoy...
The strawberries and yellow tomatoes... Karl built a chicken wire cover over the top since we lost almost all our berries to the birds last year.
We found a home for the zucchini over by the back door. We have to get pretty creative this year since the back garden will be corn so we can't plant back there. We have pumpkin, watermelon, and zucchini and not a ton of yard to plant them in since they all get so huge!
Karl suprised us when we got home from Disneyland (oops, I haven't posted those pics yet!) with a new coop for the ladies! They have much more room to roam in this new cage, and a nice little house with roost post and nesting box to enjoy. I think we will leave them in their cage and not let them roam the yard as much this summer, they eat all my plants!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment