Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fishing Round 2!

The boys have been so excited about fishing after their first trip that Daddy and Pop Pop treated them to another fishing day, this time at Del Valle. Dillon (who is our early bird... up at 5:30-6:00 every morning waking Karl and I up with super random questions like "Can I have marshmellows for breakfast? Just one and then it's done.") got the fun for us yet not so fun for him experience of getting woken up super early in the morning!! Boy was he cranky about that!! Hahaha, payback my boy! 
 Karl woke them up while I laid in bed trying to fall back asleep and I hear Dillon look outside and say "But dad.. it's still dark outside! See? It's dark out and that means it's too cold!" You can tell from this pic how thrilled he was to be woken up early...
The weather was pretty beautiful that day... I think it got up around 80 degrees!

Dillon waited for a bite...

And waited...

The whole group hanging out and waiting...
Now I don't have any pictures of their catch from the day, but they brought home one good sized fish and a few small ones, all of which are wrapped in foil and in the freezer which doesn't make for very good photo taking :( Maybe when I cook them up for dinner I'll remember to snap a pic and update (I'll be the first to admit the chances are slim of me remembering anything these days, my brain's on overload!)
I can't even tell you how much the boys are enjoying their fishing trips. Cameron spends every single day organizing and re-organizing his tackle box and all either boy talks about these days are fish and fishing.  We've decided that we will spend Dillon's birthday day (May 7th) fishing as a family. That's right...You heard it here first folks, the sad puppy dog eyes from my children have accomplished their task... Mommy's going fishing! We're going to let Cam use his one hooky day from school that day and come along, and they're soooo excited!! Pop Pop is coming too so the kids are in hog heaven!

0 comments:

Post a Comment