Friday, April 30, 2010

Life as a Preschooler

Dillon has been able to write his name without help for maybe 2 months at this point and every day he comes home from preschool with an art project or two that he's very proud to show off to me. Only problem? They aren't made by him. They're expertly colored, and it's quite ovbious that one of the high schoolers have done his work for him. They have written his name on the back too. I haven't said anything to him really, I just tell him that they're awesome and I'm glad he had fun at school.
 Finally I just couldn't take it anymore and I said, "Hey buddy? Why didn't you color this kite? It's very nice looking and I'm happy you're proud of it, but why didn't you color it? I would much rather have something you made on the fridge." He looked at me and answered "Well, I don't want to, so I have my girlfriends do it for me." "Oh... Same as your name?" I asked. "Yup, it's too hard for me, so Mackayla does it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment