Friday, April 9, 2010

Disneyland/Universal Studios Trip

We had the very special treat of going to both Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood! My dad took me & the boys as well as my 2 little sisters down to LA to celebrate his engagment to Penny. (Where he actually got down on one knee and asked her to marry him, I guess he didn't do it right the first time...)  We stayed at her house over the weekend and we had a wonderful time.

We left the house at about 6am on friday, spent Sat. at Universal Studios and Sun. at Disneyland, then we drove home for school/work on Monday! It was a crazy bonsai trip, but we made some wonderful memories.

The most important thing I learned: Dillon thinks everything is real. From the witch on the Snow White ride to the simulated car ride on the Simpsons Ride, everything was real to him and a bit scary. He never complained though. He would wave at the Pirates on the Pirates of the Carribean ride and I could feel his little heart pounding. He ducked when they were "shooting" cannonballs over our heads, I felt really bad for him but he was such a brave little boy! It was a good realization because it made me more aware that everything he sees on t.v. is real to him. Even the cartoons, so I need to be more dilligent about monitoring what he watches.

I really, really enjoyed spending some one on one time with Cam. We did a few rides just him and I while someone else went off with Dillon, and man does that boy LOVE roller coasters!! He would contantly make fun of me being afraid, and even though I'm not, I let him live in his macho little fairytail... We hit up Space Mountain and the ThunderMountain Railroad at Disney, and the Mummy Returns and Jurassic Park rides at Universal. Fun Fun Fun Fun is all I can say!!

Universal Studios
Dillon on the way down... it was a long trip, but this was probably the best road trip EVER with the 2 of them!
On the studio tour tram... (His favorite ride of the whole weekend, it's all he talks about!)
Cam grabbing a few cold Duff Beers from the Simpsons Ride...

Waiting in line with Auntie Nessa...

Cam and I after the Jurassic Park ride... soaking wet... at night... But you gotta love his grin!

Disneyland
Meeting Mickey

Can you tell I got a lot of cute brother shots this trip? It was awesome!
My Fav!

C for Cam!
California doesn't have any D's for Dillon, so we settled for L, which he has 2 of...
The end of the day, hangin with mommy
You think I posted enough pics? These are only a few of my stash! It was soooo fun!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment