Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dillon's Birthday is fast approaching!

Dillon's choice of theme this year: Pirates! His party is in the beginning of May, so we're hoping for some nice weather and planning a backyard birthday bash! I've got so many ideas for this party, the theme is MUCH easier than I thought it would be!

The plan so far: His birthday day is May 7th (Fri.) so we'll do something fun with the family that day to celebrate and then the next day (Sat.) will be his big party with all his friends. I had some custom invitations made that I can't seem to upload but they're really cute!

These will be the plates:

Napkins:


Cups:
The plan is cupcakes- I'm thinking half chocolate and half vanilla with red frosting and these liners:
With these toppers that I found on Etsy, they'll say Dillon and 4th birthday:


The plan is to have a bounce house on the grass with a temp. fence behind it so the kids aren't able to get to the playstructure and trampoline and chicken coop. Honestly, it's just easier for me that way since you can't see all the backyard from any given spot and I think it would be too chaotic with 20 kids all over the yard. This way we have the concrete area with activities and the bounce house.
The activities planned are: Walk the plank (Just some wood elevated on the ground, like a balance beam), Pirate telescopes with jewels and stickers made with toilet paper and paper towel tubes, some pirate coloring sheets, and then we'll turn the sandbox into a treasure hunt with gems and gold coins hidden in the sand with shovels and buckets.
And a party can't be complete without goodie bags!


I can't wait!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment